Business August RecapI had an awesome office makeover (pics below), which is just in time for me because I finally feel like I have time in my day to work. As many of you know, my youngest has ADHD and has started Pre-K. When I describe my little guy I can tell you, he is like a constant 18-month-old. I can never get anything done, and when he is quiet, something in the house is destroyed. I have him enrolled in pre-k 9-2 daily and have already seen a change in him. Thankfully, he is a good boy at school. He just needs structure. Therefore, I have more time to focus on my day, and let me tell you, I love it! I am working on my calendar for September…my favorite month! We always go to Florida in September and I get to work on the beach! August was an awesome month. I gained 2 clients, and a lead for September pitched a few companies, re-engaged with our group on Facebook, and starting a mom-blog carnival with a few mompreneur friends! August Recap: My Wins:
- I gained 2 clients, Careerstaff and Academic Partnerships. Woo hoo, an extra $700/month!
- A reach out turned into a $750 job for September!
- I almost have all my contributors’ interviews for my book!
- I pitched into CareerStaff! I hope I get chosen because it means another client!
- I learned a few new social media hacks that I am going to be implementing
- I listened to a few podcasts that have kept me motivated.
- Allnurses is still a great client!
August Recap: The Not so cool times
- Last month was way worse than this month. As part of Write RN’s August recap, this month has been hard to focus on my new routine. Right now, I am writing this at 5:55 am. I am trying to get up early before the kids do for school.
- I haven’t heard back from my pitches. I hate that. I wish companies had to tell you, yes or no, it’s just rude to keep you hanging in the wind.
- I have not gained any new coaching clients
- I still have not had time for my book.
Like what you’re reading? Take a listen to our podcast called The Savvy Scribe Podcast!
Interested in taking your health writing business further? Join us in the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab!